Thursday, June 3, 2010

My DIY Adventure Begins Here!

As I've been rummaging around crafty blogs, I came across a few that were just FANTASTIC! I couldn't wait to get started on my own DIY projects! My mother-in-law and cousin-in-law both have birthdays this month (along with a girlfriend from work), so I just had to find some DIY gifts. I found a few, but I can't share with the blog world just yet; at least not until all birthdays have come and gone!

I started and finished
my first DIY project tonight! I got my inspiration (and instructions) here. The project cost me a total of $3.00. That's right...THREE BUCKEROO'S! Talk about money saver!

This is the PA
PER WREATH:Items:
Book(s) you can tear up (I bought a Dictionary & Thesaurus from the Dollar Tree)
Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
Ribbon
Styrofoam wreath
Scissors
Pencil with eraserStep 1:
Pull the binding off the books so it's easier to tear. Tear the pages apart.

Step 2:
Tie your ribbon to your wreath to help you know your start and finish mark .

*DIYer note*Although the "original" artist had great theories on how to get the job done, some of those theories were NOT my reality. She says to use tacky glue, but I found it much easier to use hot glue since it dries much quicker. Also, I ripped my sheets in half because I wanted my wreath for the front door and full size stuck out too much for my taste.
Step 3:
Fold the sheets around the base of the pencil and make the bottom flat for gluing and attaching to wreath.
Step 4:
Repeat step 3 until the entire wreath is covered!

And viola! The Paper Wreath




1 comments:

christa said...

That's too funny! I just bought the materials to make a book-page wreath very similar to that one!

Post a Comment