Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Craft Day Saturdays

So the past two weekends it's been Craft Day Saturday in the Hoefer house :) I'll try to post my tutorials throught the next couple of weeks (some of the projects are birthday presents).

This one is so cute! I found it here

It's called the Lima Bean Wreath!

Supplies:
1 Bag of large lima beans
Styrofoam wreath
Lots of hot glue

You basically just pick a point to start and hot glue the lima beans in a line around the wreath. I did mine in a diagonal line.

It will take you lots of hot glue and about 2 hours so make sure you have some good music cranking or a good show on TV!


It will get pretty heavy near the end. I forgot to take a picture, but I spray painted it an ivory color to help the foam wreath underneath match the color of the lima beans...and to cover up any access hot glue that was showing.

Add a ribbon (and I added the wodden "H") and VIOLA! the lima bean wreath! I'll probably change it up come holiday season. That's one thing I love, love, LOVE about this wreath is it's so changeable!
Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

christa said...

Very cool! It looks really good on your door. My new door is white and I hate it. I considered painting it, but then I'd just have to paint it back.

The Young's said...

cute, cute, cute! =)

Post a Comment