Monday, August 30, 2010

Emergency Room


I spend my Monday morning in the emergency room. Talk about a sucky way to start the week! Last night my stomach wasn't feeling too hot so I took my favorite medicine (yes, yes, the pink stuff) and tried to hit the hay. Yeah, that didn't work out so well for me. I was up about every 30 minutes with serious lower stomach cramps, so bad at times I thought I was going to pass out. Me, with the stubborn Puerto Rican genes, of course did not wake up my husband. I finally woke him about 5:00am, telling him I couldn't take the pain any longer. He, of course, drilled me for not waking him sooner. We made it to the hospital (which is the hospital, he informed me, is where we will have our children 'cause architecturally speaking it's an amazing hospital). I was informed that I have intestinal viral infection.
Perfect.
I'm out of work today and for however long until I kick this thing. There's no meds for the cramps, so I have to suck it up and take one for the team. My plan today is to take it easy by watching *Dawson's Creek*, drinking water & apple juice, & eating soup.
I'll keep you all updated!

1 comments:

The Young's said...

Oh no! Do you want company? I have nothing to do but lots of reading tonight... I'd love to come sit with you! =D xoxoxo I have class from 4-6:30... I'll call you then. Get better, love!!!

Post a Comment