Saturday, July 17, 2010

Catching Up

Since I was so terrible at updating my blog last month, I really need to catch everybody up on the awesome garage saleing finds Jeremy & I got! We decided on a whim one Saturday to hit up a few garage sales around town (mind you it was 11:00am and we figured nothing good would be around). The first we went to had absolute crap (which we honestly expected). At the second we found this AWESOM wine rack...for $3.00!!!

No, those are not all full wine bottles. They're actually all empty and will hopefully be filled soon if my husband finally makes some wine again!

The next one we hit was the jackpot. I got 2 five-record collections for $1.00 a piece!!!! Beethoven and Dean Martin. The Beethoven is great, but I've been listening to my Dean Martin records like non-stop!!!!

We also picked up this amazing black leather Lazy Boy recliner for....get this...$25!!!! We don't have room for it in our condo, unfortunately, so we let my in-laws have it. It really was a steal of a deal and the amazing find for the day.
(I forgot to take a picture of it, but this is pretty much it!)

Now on to DIY! I, again, forgot to take pictures of my process, but this is a SUPER simple project!

Jeremy & I plan our meals out every two weeks and to put them on display for ourselves, I had them written on a white board hanging in our kitchen.Not so cute, right? I don't have the most artsy hand writing and I'm MUCH better on the computer (hence the graphic design degree) so I decided to use my talent and create something much better!

All you need is:
cork board
scrap book paper
modge podge
card stock
thumb tacks
clips
some paint
ribbon

I modge podged the scrap book paper to the cork board. While that dried, I painted (yes painted) the thumb tacks and clips. Then I thumb tacked the ribbon to the back of the cork board.

I typed up the names of the meals we eat on a regular basis (we have a large variety; I think I typed up about 20 different meals), and printed them on card stock and cut them into strips.

Make a pocket for the Meals and one for the Recipies.

Put it all together and this is what you get:

("Musgo" is leftover night; Everything in the kitchen must-go. Get it?!)

Last night Jeremy and I went to a store here in town called Vinyl Renaissance to see if we could get Goo Goo Dolls tickets (no such luck). I could SERIOUSLY spend hours in that store!!! I wanted to buy all of the records, of course I couldn't, but I did pick up a good 'ol Abbey Road record by the Beatles for under $10!

Love those classics!

We did finally get tickets online so August 19, we're see Goo Goo Dolls!!!!! (happy early birthday present to my husband!)
Until next time, fair bloggers....

0 comments:

Post a Comment