Sunday, July 11, 2010

For the DIY Lovers

Okay everybody! Here are a couple of my DIY projects I worked on last month:

A killer candle holder, a great Lemon-Sugar foot & hand scrub, and an amazing Vanilla-Brown Sugar foot and hand scrub.

Flower Petal Candle Holder:
-Disclaimer: my only warning with this is to NOT use hot glue. Find another adhesive that won't release once it's hot. Mine starting falling apart and I have yet to work on it again, unfortunately.

Supplies:
-1 bag white rose petals ($1 at the Dollar Tree)
-1 pillar candle holder (free! Left over from the center pieces from our wedding)
-1 pillar candle (free! Left over from our wedding)
-Heat-resistant adhesive

Starting from the top, layer the petals facing inward with a dab of glue.
Continue layering down the entire holder.


Finish by gluing last row under the bottom and voila! An elegant (and cheap!) candle holder.



I got the recipes for the scrubs here and here (and borrowed the ideas from my wonderful friend Whitney's blog).

Lemon-Sugar Scrub: I was giving these as gifts, so I bought some mason jars at Hobby Lobby when their 50% off all glassware sale was going on; I got the jars for $1.50! Add a little spray paint, ribbon, and tags and you got yourself a great gift!

All you need to make this delicious scrub (trust me, it really works!) is:
-2.5 cups Sugar
-1 cup Oil
-6 tablespoons Lemon Juice (or however much you seem fit)

Mix together all ingredients (the texture will be a little runny).

Pour into a mason jar and voila!


Vanilla-Brown Sugar Scrub
:

All you need to make this delicious scrub (trust me, it really works!) is:
-2 cups Brown Sugar
-1 cup Sugar
-1 tablespoon Vanilla
-1 cup Oil
Mix together the sugars then add Oil & Vanilla & mix.The texture will be a little clumpy.
Pour into mason jar and voila!
Next Post: Jeremy's very own DIY project
Spoiler Alert:


He installed his very own LCD screen & dvd player in his car! By himself! I married a genius!

0 comments:

Post a Comment