Monday, July 12, 2010

I Married a Genius

I adopted a very bad habit from my father when I learned how to drive: when taking trips, you must drive with a DVD player. When I was 20, he bought me my own travel DVD player so I could do just that when visiting home from college. I never really watched the shows/movies I played (which was 99% of the time FRIENDS), I mostly just plugged one ear phone in (since having 2 in is illegal...and driving with a DVD player isn't :-P) and listened.

Well, the bad habit finally got the best of my husband and anytime we travel, I had to grab my player. The last trip to St. Louis was about 7 weeks ago and we were trying to watch SNL: Best of Will Ferrell when Jeremy starting complaining the volume wasn't loud enough, the screen wasn't bright enough, etc etc etc. It was then he informed me of his next project endeavor: installing a DVD player/screen into his car.

The project took him 6 weeks, multiple versions, and time, time, time!


Check it out!


Jeremy with his dash console out of the car and his new LCD screen! Where his dash console goes...

The final version. He took the motor off an old CD changer he bought at Goodwill for $2! Then add some wood, rods, and a few holes!


Figuring out the wiring...


Really
figuring out the wiring...

The electric outlet he installed under the passenger side seat.

We sold our PS2 on Craigslist and bought a PS2 slim for cheaper! Fits nice and snug in the glove compartment.

He wired the whole contraption to a switch which he installed in his center console.


And voila! Our very own screen & DVD player in our car!


Case in Point: I Married A Genius

1 comments:

The Young's said...

Your site is too cute! I love it. =)

And you made a shout out to me!!! =D Well I'm adding you to my favs so that I can see every time you update... loves!

Post a Comment